Thursday, October 3, 2013

Jose "KIMSOY" Yap Jr. (Outline)



Topic Sentence : One of the great things about Kimsoy is that he succeeded as one of Cebu's most known artists

Thesis Statement : Painting is silent poetry and poetry is a painting that speaks


I. Kimsoy's art style depicts traces of western influence, yet an intrinsic Filipino character remains in his art pieces

a. Even if studied in the States and I am sure got used to the culture he still hasn't forgot his own filipino roots.
b. His paintings would also show a new kind of style and not just the same old black and white.
c. Art evolves all time so there is no right or wrong way to paint nor to show it.


II. His paintings show a deeper drama of himself 

a. Painting is one way of showing how a person feels and when I am sad that's what I do too.
b. The use of the light and dark colors with the use of line and space in his painting makes it look very striking and dramatic.
c. Even in one painting you can probably see the artists' life, just the "Starry starry Night" of Vincent Van Gogh

III. Kimsoy wants to bring out the best effect of color, size and texture on the paper considered

a. He wants to show that even a simple drawing can bring beauty with one stroke of the hand.
b. It isn't easy when you paint especially when you want the colors to go together and clash with one another.
c. I was under Kimsoy a few summers for my painting classes and he would always tell me "Don't be afraid to use colors to express how  you feel". 

Concluding Sentence: Painting can help you when you want to express how you feel and I think it has definitely helped me when I have all these mixed emotions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment